Monday, August 1, 2022

life as fluid

 Monday, August 1, 2022 (6:35 a.m.)

Holy Spirit,


You are welcome here!


That is not at all what I was planning to say. Thank You that You never cease to surprise me.


One moment I’m thinking “Holy God…” The next? Holy Ghost. Holy Spirit. And our intention that You ARE welcome here.


Thank You Father. Thank You Son. Thank You Holy Spirit.


Thank You that just by allowing my focus to shift that one little bit, I am now exploring the fluidity [smooth elegance or grace; ability to flow easily] of which our life can be with You. Mm, yes. Fluid. Free-flowing.


Father God, I want very much to be free-flowing. Adaptable. Open to the changes that You have for us. You know all that is best. I want to trust Your will. Your way.


Shifts and turns happen. Unexpectedness comes along. Teach me what it truly is to go with Your flow dear Lord.


Jesus offered the Samaritan woman at the well “living water” (John 4:10). Wanting to know more, I search the internet. Peace and excitement wash over me. Melding together. Fluidly.


One verse lends itself perfectly to the next. Jesus still speaking, “… the water I give… becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within… giving them eternal life” (14). I agree wholeheartedly with the woman! “Please, Sir… give me this water!” (15a).


In chapter 7 (vs. 37-39) “Jesus Promises Living Water … Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from the heart of anyone who believes in me.’ (When He said ‘living water,’ He was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in Him...)”


This is the very same Spirit with which we began this conversation just earlier. Keep me fluid Dearest Lord. Following You through all the changes in the path You have set for me this day.


I love You. I need and want You. Use me. Fluidly moving along exactly as only You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(351 words ~ 8:26 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment