Friday, August 5, 2022

healing joy

 Friday, August 5, 2022 (6:30 a.m.)

Holy God,

(6:57 a.m.)

Thinking. Searching. Following. Asking. Lord, lead me into Your Word.


Thoughts of a grandaunt I never knew. Wonders of her high school yearbook choice of self description. Lord Byron’s “On with the dance; let joy be unconfined.”


Thank You for wonders Lord. Mental ponderings. Unanswerable questions that lead me right back to You.


The much loved baby sister of my mom’s dad. Dead before her 20th birthday. Speaking to me of unconfined joy and dancing 90 years after her death.


I look to You Dear God. Asking for what I just referred to with a friend as Your healing joy. Mm, yes! Your healing joy!


Turning to a Joyce Meyer Ministries page entitled “The Healing Power of God’s Word” I nod my head in agreement with so much she has written. “It’s important to remember that the Lord is our Healer, and that His Word is our medicine. Speaking Scripture over our lives does wonders for us, but only because it comes from God to begin with! Healing always starts and ends with Him.”


Oh yes Dearest Lord! All healing begins with coming before You.


Reading further Isaiah 40:31 is discussed. Waiting for You. Expecting. Looking for. Hoping in. Strength and power renewed. Running and not being weary. Walking and not fainting or becoming tired.


YOU are our healing joy Dearest God! Time spent with You. Stopping. Getting quiet. Focusing on You. And Your Word of Truth and promises.


You are always great. Good. Glorious. Gracious. Your promises stand firm. And we can choose to believe and take You at Your Word!


Expanded Bible tells us to “Be joyful because you have hope [Rejoice in hope]. Be patient [Endure] when trouble comes [in suffering/tribulation], and pray at all times [faithfully; with persistence/perseverance]” (Romans 12:12).


Mm. Yes, Blessed God. I long to ♪Rejoice in the Lord Always… and again I say Rejoice!♪ (Philippians 4:4). “Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon” (v.5).


Yes Father. Let me be considerate in all I do because of Your healing joy. Thank You. Praise You. Use me. Amen.

(373 words ~ 8:49 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment