Tuesday, August 30, 2022

"hear the wind blow"

 Tuesday, August 30, 2022 (5:25 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. Praise You. Sleep was definitely hard to come by. Thoughts of You and Your promises helped keep my mind from spinning horribly out of control. Thank You.


Thank You for songs that finally came along. ♪Down in the Valley, the valley so low Hang your head over, hear the wind blow♪ connected me to thinking of Your Holy Spirit. And now? Acts 2:2.


“Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm, and it filled the house where they were sitting.” A comment in The Life Recovery Bible tells us more about Your disciples obeying Jesus and waiting in Jerusalem.


“… Suddenly the Holy Spirit manifested His presence by sound (wind), sight (fire), and speech (new languages). The believers were filled with the Holy Spirit, and God’s renewing power began its work of transforming them from the inside out.”


Mm, Blessed God. It was thoughts of Your Holy Spirit’s presence that changed my thinking. Rather than continuing the unrelenting focus on fear and mistakes of my own making, I found peace in the process. And sleep finally came. Thank You Lord.


As I continue reading the comment concerning the coming of the Holy Spirit, I smile. Refreshed. Renewed. Reinvigorated. “This marked a new era in history as God’s powerful presence entered the hearts of all believers. God’s powerful presence can still indwell us, transforming our life and healing our wounds. As we trust God, His Spirit empowers us in recovery.”


Mm, most Holy God. How truly I thank You for righting my downward spiraling thinking. To the point that I awoke singing a completely different song.


♪Cantad Al Señor un cantico nuevo… Oh sing to the Lord Oh sing God a new song… Cantad al Señor… Oh sing to our God Oh sing to our God♪ Yes please Father. I want to sing to You this day.


Continue Your presence here with us as we venture out into the day. You are good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. We love, need and want You.


Do all You must that we will glorify and enjoy You. Forever. Beginning today. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(366 words ~ 6:32 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment