Saturday, August 27, 2022

Up, up and away

 Saturday, August 27, 2022 (5:18 a.m.)

Holy God,

(6:08 a.m.)


I’m smiling right now. Relating the ease and simplicity of loving and trusting You with the dreamy melody of ♪Up-Up and Away♪ The more I read, the greater the smile grows.


Even here, with a pop song over fifty years old, I get to be reminded of Jesus’ ascension (Acts 1:9-11). Thank You God. I truly thought I was over reaching on this one.

(6:41 a.m.)


Father God, I honestly cannot thank You enough! Originally thinking I was being trite, even disrespectful, with the singing of this song with You this morning, I now find myself excited [agog] to learn more.


While we are not to stand around idly looking up to the sky awaiting Jesus’ return, we are to continue offering our thanks and praise to You for all He has done on our behalf. He knew exactly what He was doing. And where He was going. All for our ultimate benefit (John 16:5-8).


Thank You Father. Praise You Jesus.


As I prepare to go off into another day, I ask You to accompany me through it all. Leading. Guiding. Directing. Providing. I want to be Yours. Malleable, to You and Your way. As only You know is best (Isaiah 64:8).


Holy Spirit, I invite You in. You are welcome here. Do all You must. In. With. By. Through. And for each of us.


Be glorified Dear Father, Son and Holy Ghost. In what I think. Say. And do. I love, need and want You. Use me. Amen.

(263 words ~ 7:02 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment