Monday, May 31, 2021

Memorial Day

 Monday, May 31, 2021 (6:13 a.m.)


It’s Memorial Day in our country Lord. I want to know what that means to You. And what You’d have it mean to us.

(6:46 a.m.)


There is so much I don’t know. Traditions. Cultures. Importances. And untruths. Yes Father. Not all we’ve come to celebrate is virtuous.


Mm. Guide me into Your Word Lord.

(7:11 a.m.)


I’m reading in Exodus (Chapter 12) of the first Passover. And in a hymn book of Patriotic songs.


Hearing ♪Taps♪ played on television. Watching live action at Arlington National Cemetery. I have tears.


Unsure of the words to this somber song, I look them up. And You bless me again. Tears abound.


Oh most Dear and Holy God, there are parades being aired at the moment. Fifes and drums in Williamsburg. Period uniforms. Native American pow wows. Depictions of enslaved people. It’s so much to all my senses, Lord.


♪From the halls of Montezuma…♪ Krewe floats in New Orleans. Jazz bands. Gold star family speeches.


Father God, I ask You to use this day. To YOUR good. Your glory! Shine Your light into our existence Lord.


Reading of Miracles, OT in Illustrated Bible Handbook and the comment (12:14-16) in The Life Recovery Bible. Singing the words to ♪Taps♪ Smiling. Learning. Wanting to know more.


Again I ask You Father. Guide my thoughts. Speak Your Truth as only You can.


The comment explains Your purpose of the Passover celebration. Remembrance for future generations. Marking the healthy freedom Your people experienced.


“Part of building a new life involves replacing old unhealthy thoughts and actions with healthy new ones. This may include taking on new traditions that celebrate our recovery from past problems.” Oh yes God.


Tying the Truth of Your Word with the hope expressed in ♪Taps♪ I’m incredibly grateful Lord. ♪Thanks and praise for our days Neath the sun, neath the stars, neath the sky As we go, this we know God is nigh♪


Looking up the definition of the word “nigh” I delight in learning it means “near.” Thank You Father. You are near! And we are grateful.


Use us this day Lord. To glorify You and remember those who gave their lives for our freedom. And that right there? Points us right back to Jesus. John 8:36. Romans 6:23; 8:2. Galatians 4:3-7; 5:1.


All this patriotic emotion and Your Truth too. Thank You, praise You Lord. Amen.


(416 words ~ 8:40 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment