Friday, May 28, 2021

very afraid

 Friday, May 28, 2021 (5:31 a.m.)

Holy God,


I was afraid last night. Very afraid. Reading Your Word right now, I realize I am not alone. Thank You Father. It’s comforting to know I’m in good company.


My experience was short lived and minor in comparison with the struggles encountered by those written about in the various books of The Bible. Lord, You saw me freeze. Unable to move or think.


Standing in the dark. Stunned. Thoughts scattered. I didn’t even think to pray.


I’m praying now. Hours after the fact. Power yet to be restored to many.


Father, talk with me this morning. Momentary fear took over me last night when the enormous crash preceded flickering lights. Another bang. Flashes. Sparks. An overwhelming green hue to the sky.

(7:31 a.m.)


Two hours later and I’m still trying to understand my reaction. Lord, I just used the phrase “my senses were assaulted.” It seems so inconsequential.


My life wasn’t disrupted. I was in no immediate danger. Or peril. Yet there I stood. Frozen by fear of the unknown. Trying desperately to make it all make sense.


Thank You that Your Word tells us repeatedly not to be afraid. “Fear not. Be of good courage…” Mm, yes. Thank and praise You Father.


Looking in the various Bible translations I’m particularly drawn to Easy-to-Read Version and International Children’s Bible. It’s oddly comforting for me as I read of others being “very afraid.”


Thank You Father. Reading of warnings in Isaiah (21:3) and miracles in Luke (8:22-56) I am grateful for Your Truth and promises. Your peace and comfort settles in and I find myself smiling.


Holy God, no matter the circumstances You remain. Great. Glorious. Good. Gracious. Thank You. Praise You. Use me as only You know is best.


I love You. I need You. And I thank You Lord. Oh, how I thank You! Amen.


(323 words ~ 8:21 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment