Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Counterbalance

Tuesday, June 1, 2021 (8:16 a.m.)

Beloved, Holy God,


Thank You! Praise You. I enJOYed having my thoughts align with Your Word throughout the night.


My nature is to dwell negatively. Thinking of slights and potential revenge. Your Word stresses forgiveness. Grace. Mercy. Love. Truth. It offers the perfect counterbalance to my own self destruction.


Lying awake I remembered the choices You always provide. In. Out. Up. Down. Back. Forth. Over. Under. Come. Go. Stay. Leave. Forgive? Change? Love…


Oh most Dear and Blessed God, how truly grateful I am for all You are and do on our behalf. Your Truth. Your Promises.

(9:26 a.m.)

1 John 4:17-18 (The Message).


To Love, to Be Loved God is love. When we take up permanent residence in a life of love, we live in God and God lives in us. This way, love has the run of the house, becomes at home and mature in us, so that we’re free of worry on Judgment Day - our standing in the world is identical with Christ’s. There is no room in love for fear. Well-formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life - fear of death, fear of judgment - is one not yet formed in love.”


(10:25 a.m.)


The more I read on the topic of Your grace and ability to transform us, the less I realize I know. Father God, thank You that Your love is not dependent on me knowing much. Only trusting and believing Your Word to be Truth. And meant even for me.


Lord, I love You. I long to live as You desire. In love. Not fear. Work with me here I ask You Dearest Father. Teaching, empowering and enabling me in living Paul’s words to the church at Corinth.


“We don’t yet see things clearly. We’re squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won’t be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We’ll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing Him directly just as Hew knows us! But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love” (1 Corinthians 13:12-13).


Be my Counterbalance Dearest Dad. To every fear. Every lie. Keep speaking Your Truth and promises. I love You. I need You. I thank and praise You. Continue Your work exactly as You know is best. Amen.

(335 words ~ 11:04 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment