Tuesday, May 11, 2021

perfect delight

 Tuesday, May 11, 2021 (6:23 a.m.)

Holy God,


You provided us such a delightfully perfect day yesterday. Or was it perfectly delightful? Either way, Lord, I thank You.


Decisions came easily. Plans fell into place. What joy. And contentment. Praise You Father.


It all started with a heartfelt prayer. Absolutely ideal weather for yard work. Every necessary tool. As well as opportunity to connect with our neighbors. Truly blessed Lord. Thank You.


Remembering to pray at each turn came easily. As did redirecting as needed. Father, how I thank You for the privilege of knowing I was being held firmly in Your grip. A truly glorious experience. Thank and praise You Lord.


This morning I’m reading in John. Chapter 17. Jesus’ Final Prayer. Paying particular attention to verse 13. Beginning with Amplified Bible, Classic Edition and ending with a footnote from The Passion Translation.


Jesus praying, “And now I am coming to You (The Father); I say these things while I am still in the world, so that My joy may be made full and complete and perfect in them (His disciples) [that they may experience My delight fulfilled in them, that My enjoyment may be perfected in their souls, that they may have My gladness within them, filling their hearts].”


That’s what I encountered yesterday Lord. Your joy. Delight. EnJOYment. Gladness. Perfection. In my soul. Filling my heart. Thank and praise You Father.


The footnote for this verse tells us, “This ‘delight’ is more than happiness. It is the complete satisfaction that comes in knowing that our lives are pleasing to the Father and that we fulfill His desires on the earth. This is the delight that Jesus shares with us and prays that we would experience.”


Yes, Lord! Your perfect delight. Do all You must that we would continue learning to live in Your loving presence.


Father God, I love You. I thank You. We need You. Use us as You know is best. Praise You. Amen.

(332 words ~ 7:42 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment