Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Truth

 Tuesday, May 4, 2021 (6:20 a.m.)

Holy God,


I love You. Thank You. Speak Truth to me I pray.


I woke up excited. Eager to talk with You. And again got side tracked. Set up the coffee. Listened to a phone message. Checked things on the internet. And now? Locked out of the resources I normally use.


“Flying blind” is an over statement. “Inconvenienced” is even a bit much. “Mistake” keeps coming to mind.


Mistake. Yes.

(7:29 a.m.)


All this time later, I’m still looking to You Dearest Dad. Following the wisdom of a seven year old, I shut down the computer and started over. One problem solved. Thank You very much.


Now I have so very many directions I can take in Your Word. Do I stick with “mistake” as I was thinking? Or go back to the first word of this morning? “Jointed.”


Father, just one word. Another turn of Your pages. And the whole world seems to open wide. So many mistakenly held beliefs are revealed.


Lord, I ask You to guide me to the “Aha!” verse You have for me right now. And here they are…


John 17:17

Romans 1:21-22


Blessed God, there is so much to learn. Experience. Enjoy. Hope. Every attempt to take it all in falls short. My heart and mind want every bit You have to offer!


Jesus’ words to his disciples. Paul’s letter to the church at Rome. Your Truth expressed in so many ways.


Back and forth I go. Looking here. Reading there. Verses. Footnotes. Comments. Wanting so much to grasp what I’m missing.


Oh and Lord, You know how much I miss! Hence the mistake mentioned above.


I long to live Your Truth this day. Turning to the PURPOSE of John the apostle’s letter to “All people everywhere” (The Life Recovery Bible) I smile all the more.


“To reveal Jesus as the Son of God and show that by faith in Him we can experience true love, forgiveness, and recovery.” Mm, yes Father.


Jesus prayed to You on Your disciples behalves. “Make them pure and holy by teaching them Your words of truth” (John 17:17). Yes, please God. Include me in His prayer.


Father, I love You. I confess to the imperfections with which I approach You.


And right here I laugh out loud. Romans 1:18-20. Contemporary English Version. “Everyone Is Guilty From heaven God shows how angry He is with all the wicked and evil things that sinful people do to crush the Truth. They know everything that can be known about God, because God has shown it all to them. God’s eternal power and character cannot be seen. But from the beginning of creation, God has shown what these are like by all He has made. That’s why those people don’t have any excuse.”


I fight fit this description so often, Lord. Forgive my smugness. The struck out word just now is so appropriate. How very often do I fight Your Truth?


I love You Lord. Thank You for this extended time together. Use me in sharing Your Truth with others this day. Mistakes and all. Praise You, Father God. Amen.


(530 words ~ 9:06 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment