Friday, May 21, 2021

waiting to see Jesus

 Friday, May 21, 2021 (6:35 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. Praise You. Guide me I ask. My thoughts. Interests. Intentions. Actions. Outcomes. Mmm. Yes. All those.


What a concept. Come to You first. Before and above all decisions. Oh Lord. Teach me to seek and follow You, Your will and Your way.

(7:50 a.m.)


Looking around. Stopping at John 6:22. And the words “… crowds began gathering on the shore, waiting to see Jesus” (The Life Recovery Bible, NLT).


I wonder. If I had witnessed Your feeding of 5,000 firsthand, would I be waiting to see You?


Looking much deeper than just this one verse Father I thank You for all I get to learn. Illustrated Bible Handbook. Chapter 6. Jesus’ Discourse on the Bread of Life And a Theology in Brief entitled, Life.


Here again I get to thank You Lord. I go looking around. Seeking to follow You. And You do not disappoint.


The Truth is “in the Bible ‘life’ speaks of far more than existence. Life speaks of relationship with God. Here images like life and death, health and paralysis, light and dark, affirm something essential about the quality of each human being’s existence. Because of God’s love for us, He invites each human being into a personal relationship with Him through which ‘existence’ is transformed into ‘eternal life.’”


Oh yes please! All of this. And just when I think I’ve got a clue, there’s SO much more!


Reading further, “‘Eternal life’ is God’s promise of freedom from endless bondage.” Oh Hallelujah! Just think of that. But the description doesn’t stop there.


We’ve been given Jesus’ own life (Galatians 2:20). Beautifully transformed. We get to experience “rich fellowship” with You as our Father. Now. Not some far off day.


Holy God, by looking at Jesus’ personality, love, and compassion ‘we see the kind of person You will enable us to become.’ Oh that I truly would be one who is waiting to see Jesus. Our absolute Bread of Life.


Again I ask You to guide me this day. Teaching me obedience to Your Word. I love You. I need You. I long to represent You well. Do all You must. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(370 words ~ 9:20 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment