Thursday, May 27, 2021

"but for the clouds"

Thursday, May 27. 2021 (5:40 a.m.)

Blessed Jesus,


Thank You. Praise You. Worship and adore You!


The words can’t come out fast enough! Right in the midst of my thoughts comes a song. First in snippets. Until, ♪… What A Beautiful Name It Is The Name of Jesus Christ my King♪


The smile on my face keeps getting bigger. Thank You Father. Praise You Lord. You keep blessing my thinking.


Having experienced and accepting the initial disappointment over the missed sighting of yesterday’s lunar eclipse I borrowed an explanatory phrase of a favored uncle. In describing the thwarted talent and craftsmanship of several beloved family members he would insightfully end with the phrase, “but for the drink.”


Mm, yes Lord. But for the drink! Oh how I thank You for the many ways Your Truth comes through in our lives.


Yesterday, while again verbally sharing the absolute beauty of that early morning sky I heard myself say, “But for the clouds…” Waking up just now with the precious memory of 1:27 this morning and clearly seeing the moon right out our bedroom window I found myself immediately thanking and praising You.


Father God, You allow us such mercy and grace. Hope. And “Aha!” moments. Like when I was rousing from sleep and remembered that “Jesus is coming with the clouds!” (Revelation 1:7 Easy-to-Read Version).


I read Your Truth and immediately start singing ♪Our God is greater, our God is stronger God, You are higher than any other Our God is Healer, awesome in power Our God! Our God!♪


And seemingly out of nowhere I’m right back to ♪The Name of Jesus Christ my King… What a wonderful [powerful, beautiful] Name it is The Name of Jesus♪


“But for the clouds” I might have missed the relevance. Thank You for another glimpse of glory, Lord. Praise Your Holy name.


Use me this day. Exactly as You alone know is best. Keep my heart [soul, mind, strength] and hands open wide to accept all You have to offer. Sometimes the biggest blessing comes wrapped in clouds.


Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.

(354 words ~ 7:28 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment