Sunday, May 2, 2021

confident obedience

 Sunday, May 2, 2021 (5:56 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank and praise You Lord. You saved my demeanor yesterday. Truly, thank and praise You Father!

(6:40 a.m.)

So here I have a wonder for You…


Because You are absolutely the reason my thinking changed last night, was I being “confidently obedient” or “obediently confident”? The phrases stem from a discussion note in Illustrated Bible Handbook regarding Your promised rest for Your people.


Blessed God, I turned to Genesis to learn more about The Personal Origins of Sin. Yep. Getting right back to basics. “What’s the lie?” And right here, again, I thank and praise You.


Your Word is Truth. It is hope on which we can truly stake our lives. You are so incredibly good. And I am absolutely grateful.


I love when I read Your Word and my face smiles. With no particular effort on my part. I just notice and savor the peace it brings to my heart. You are such a good, good Father. Thank and praise You Lord.

(7:54 a.m.)


Learning to ask, “What’s the lie?” is game changing for me Lord. The serpent lied to Eve in the Garden (Genesis 3:4-5) and she believed it (v. 6). Sin quickly grew from there.


We are so blessed to have ready access to Your Word of Truth. Tears keep forming. The more I read, the stronger the conviction.


Beginning with Your creation (Genesis 1) I read on to Your seventh day (2:2-3). From here I move over to Hebrews 4. Promised Rest for God’s People. Learning more of Your complete plan.


Thank You. Praise You, Lord. I keep coming back to the gratitude You would have us express to You. For You.


Returning to Illustrated Bible Handbook (Genesis Chapter 1 note). “God cannot be surprised by an event. When we trust God, and respond with obedient confidence that He is in control, we experience His rest.”


Mm, Your rest. What’s the lie I so often believe? That I must work hard to earn it.


Father, thank You for all You do to right my thinking. Responding with obedient confidence. [Or is it confident obedience?] It’s all accomplished in, with, by, through and for You. And asking simply, “What’s the lie?”


I thank and praise You, Lord. I love You. I need You. I want You. And I ask You to use me exactly as You alone know is best. Do all You must to Your good and to Your glory. Hallelujah! Amen.

(418 words ~ 9:34 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment