Thursday, May 20, 2021

exploring

 Thursday, May 20, 2021 (6:32 a.m.)

Good morning Lord,


How I thank You for the opportunity of exploring Your Word. Mm, yes Father. I thought I was going straight to Colossians 3:18 (The Passion Translation) this morning. Oh, but wait! There’s more (Ephesians 3:18-21).


Oh yes Dear Lord. Just when I think I absolutely know one thing, You remind me of the many other things that I don’t. Praise You God.


Keep me here, [there’s a song trying to sing to me] in the apostle Paul’s letter to the believers in Ephesus. Written to strengthen their relationships with You and each other.


Oh most dear and blessed Lord God, how desperately we need Your loving Truth to guide and transform us into the Spiritually empowered people You designed us to be. It’s not


And right here Paslty the Singing Songbook takes over. ♪It’s not by might, nor by pow’r, but by My Spirit. It’s not by might, nor by pow’r, saith the Lord♪ (Zechariah 4:6).


Lord God, You know Your plans for every single one of us. They are plans for good and not for evil. Plans to give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11). Your Word is rife with Truth and promises. Just waiting for us to confess our own powerlessness.


Blessed God, thank You for this opportunity to explore with You this morning. As my thoughts dart from one Truth to another I ask and seek Your guidance.


In his letter to the exiles, Jeremiah continued writing Your words of warning. You wanted the people of Judah to turn from sin and denial, and to obey Your good plan for them (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE PURPOSE).


Your plans ARE good Father. We so often don’t understand them. And ultimately stray away. Thank You for continually calling us to come back. To You. Your Truth. Your promises. Your faith. Your hope. Your love (1 Corinthians 13:13).


One verse leads to another. Turning to each makes me want even more. Every word of warning or promise leading us on to the next.


Most Holy God, speak so we will listen. Let us hear You deeply within. Powerfully guided and impelled forward by the might of Your Holy Spirit.


Jeremiah (15:16) confessed, knowing that “Your words are what sustain me. They bring me great joy and are my heart’s delight, for I bear Your name, O LORD God Almighty.” It is absolutely true Dearest Father.


Your words. Your will. Your way.


Your weeping prophet continued sharing Your words of hope and promise. “‘In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you,’ says the LORD. ‘I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and bring you home again to your own land’” (Jeremiah 29:12-14).


Holy God, there is no way I had expected to be learning so much of Jeremiah’s faithfulness this morning. I had my own agenda. Thank You for taking me exploring instead.


The Life Recovery Bible’s introduction for this book tells us, “Like Jeremiah, we experience circumstances that are far from ideal. Many of us are suffering for our own mistakes. Jeremiah suffered innocently at the hands of selfish people. We may know how that feels, too. From a human standpoint Jeremiah was not very successful. But in God’s eyes he was one of the most successful people in all of history. Jeremiah remained faithful despite terrible opposition. We may also experience opposition and suffering. Even so, just as He did for Jeremiah, God will fulfill His purposes for us if we are faithful to Him and His program.”


Increase my faithfulness to You and Your program Dearest Dad. Exactly as You alone know is best. I love You. I want to serve You as You so perfectly planned. Do all You must. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(676 words ~ 8:17 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment