Monday, May 17, 2021

♪I’m Still Standing♪

 Monday, May 17, 2021 (7:24 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


♪I’m Still Standing...♪ I saw this song performed last night. And woke up still singing it this morning. Here’s a contented smile to go along with the peace I’m experiencing deeply within.


I find it so interesting Lord. How often do I fight You on various nudgings? And when I finally give in? There's contentment. Peace. Joy. Power.


Let me get behind You Lord. You lead. I’ll follow. Straight into Your Word. The Passion Translation. John 8:10. Mm, You comfort and amaze me. Thank You.


Yes Lord. The singing continues building within. ♪I’m Still Standing better than I ever did Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid♪ Not on my own, mind You. In. With. By. Through. And for You.


As I consider the strength and Truth this song can provide, I change only one word. ♪And I’m Still Standing after all this time Picking up the pieces of my life without You on my mind♪


I wonder. Was this how the Woman Caught in Adultery (John 8:1-11) felt after her encounter with Jesus? The ebbing and flowing of His powerful presence experienced deeply within herself?


Jesus had told her accusers, “Let’s have the man who has never had a sinful desire throw the first stone at her” (v.7). “And then He bent over again and wrote some more words in the dust” (8).


A footnote right here explains that Jeremiah (17:3)’s prophecy for “those who forsake God (spiritual adultery) will be written in the dust” was being fulfilled. These accusers “were guilty of having forsaken God, the fountain of living water, and yet were so anxious to stone this woman to death.” How often do I do the very same Dearest Lord?


“Upon hearing that, her accusers slowly left the crowd, one at a time, beginning with the oldest [priests] to the youngest, with a convicted conscience. Until finally, Jesus was left alone with the woman still standing there in front of Him” (John 8:9-10a).


I want to be as brave as that woman Lord. Still standing. Firmly in Your presence. Continue Your work in me to this end.


I love You. I need You. I ask You to do all You must in reworking me into the woman You would have me be. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(400 words ~ 8:54 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment