Saturday, May 8, 2021

sleep interrupted

 Saturday, May 8, 202 (7:03 a.m.)

Holy God,


How blessed am I to have You keep me company throughout the night! Thank You Lord.


It seemed like such an especially long stretch of darkness. So many interruptions. And every time, thoughts of you. Praise You, God.


I wasn’t expecting to be reading of Job and The Book of Human Suffering yet here I am. Thanking You again. There is so much for us to learn. About You. Your grace. Your goodness.


Thank You Father. No matter how wrongly we, or our friends, may think about our circumstances, You remain true. Your Word of Truth and promises does not change.


Job’s friends thought they knew and could explain why he was suffering as he was. The Message says Elihu wanted not to be interrupted (Job 33:29-33) while he taught “the basics of wisdom.”


Oh Lord, how often do I fall into that category? Of being so completely wrong about any given circumstance. Forgive me, I pray!


Quoting here the last paragraph of The Life Recovery Bible’s introduction to the book of Job again I thank You for Your Truth Dearest God.


“The book’s prologue makes it clear that Job was innocent. The solutions offered by his friends were clearly wrong. Why did God allow Job to suffer? Job was never given a lucid answer. He did learn, however, to stand humbly and trustingly before His Creator. God alone knows and understands all things. Life brings hurts, and there are no guarantees that we will escape them. But through suffering we can learn to live by faith rather than by our own strength. We can learn that even when suffering leads us to doubt, God is still with us.”


Oh, most dear and blessed Father, how I thank You for every single disruption that brings us closer to You. Use me and all interruptions I encounter to point directly to You.


I love You. I need You. I thank You. And I ask You to guide and direct me in Your glorious light. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(347 words ~ 8:20 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment