Wednesday, May 19, 2021

expectations exceeded

 Wednesday, May 19, 2021 (7:13 a.m.)

Holy God,


The morning’s activities are different than expected. Thank You God.


Yes Lord, thank You for the opportunity to roll with the punches. To weigh various options and choose the best response.


Father God, You are so good. Your Word is filled with such Truth and promises. Thank You that we get to come before You. Always. Just as we are. Flaws and all.


Bless You Father. Praise You.


Turning to Your Word, I want to learn more about expectations. The Passion Translation. Psalm 40:5; 2 Corinthians 8:5; Colossians 3:21.


Lord, I read and become excited. Eager. Agog. The hope I experience is real.


“O Lord, our God, no one can compare with You. Such wonderful works and miracles are all found with You! And You think of us all the time with Your countless expressions of love - far exceeding our expectations!” (Psalm 40:5).


Taking this verse to The Life Recovery Bible I am genuinely in awe of You Lord. Starting with verse one, I feel at peace.


“I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry.” The mere image of You, the Creator of the Universe, caring enough to turn to me and hear my cry is overwhelming. Praise You God.


The recovery comment here says, “40:1-5 God’s timing is always worth waiting for. If we look to Him for help, He will rescue us from destruction and despair and from the things that hold us down. He will also bring stability to our life so we can move forward again with confidence and joy. If we are to experience God’s best for our life (which exceeds anything we can imagine), we need to rely on Him alone and avoid any entanglements with those who could lead us away from God and His plan for us.”


Rely on You alone. I did that yesterday. A tiny mistake evoked huge negativity. Profanity immediately exploded out of my mouth. Catching it as it rolled off my tongue, I consciously countered it with, “Thank You. Lord. Praise You God.”


Confessing to You right now how stilted it felt initially, I am extremely grateful for the practice Dearest Dad. Start small and build from there. This I pray today. Continue exceeding my expectations. As only You can.


I love You Lord. I long to represent You as You so rightly deserve. Lovingly. Truthfully. Adoringly. Do all You must. In, with, by, through and for me. As You alone know is best.


Thank You. Praise You. Worship and adore You. Amen.

(441 words ~ 9:11 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment