Wednesday, May 5, 2021

cherished and valued

 Wednesday, May 5, 2021 (7:34 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You that we get to come before You, exactly as we are.

(7:50 a.m.)


How perfect are You Dearest God? I start out in one direction [coming before You] and end up in an entirely different one.


♪Just As I Am, without one plea But that Thy blood was shed for me, And that Thou bidd’st me come to Thee, O Lamb of God, I come! I come!♪ started singing to me immediately.


Following this Truth into Your Word I turned to the referenced Bible verse. John 6:37. Looking first in Illustrated Bible Handbook, I read Chapter 6. Jesus’ Discourse on the Bread of Life. Right under that section? A Theology in Brief titled, Life.


Lord God, how I love the way You get our awareness back on You. Our thoughts may easily wander then abruptly snap back to attention. This morning it was the words “cherished and valued” that stopped me.


“… every human being has received his gift of life from God, and so each human being is to be cherished and valued.” What if we were to actually do that Lord? Truly cherish and value one another like You designed. Work in me to this end, Dear God! 


Just as I was reading in International Children’s Bible of Jesus promising to always accept [“never, never reject” The Living Bible] every one of the people You give to Him, I switch to the word picture in The Message. Here I am heartened all the more. “Every person the Father gives me eventually comes running to me. And once that person is with me, I hold on and don’t let go.”


I confess right here Lord, I usually consider me clinging to You, not the other way around. Thank You for the ways You continue teaching us new approaches of thinking.


I ask You to empower and enable me in cherishing and valuing others as You would have me. I love and want to share You freely. Do all You must in changing me Dearest God.


Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(358 words ~ 9:19 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment