Saturday, May 29, 2021

White Water

 Saturday, May 29, 2021 (7:16 a.m.)


“Watch the wind through White Water.” That’s the phrase we grew up associating with our parents’ early morning drive to their wedding 73 years ago today. Holy God, thank You for the retelling of stories that stand the test of time.

(10:10 a.m.)


Thank You too for the love that surrounded them. Imperfect. Challenging. Hard as it was at times. It was a love that allowed us glimpses of the unwavering love that You have for us.

(1:14 p.m.)

Lord God,


It’s already been a day full of various emotions. All tied together by the White Water phrase from above. State the obvious. Speak truth.


Father God, I confess to having no idea regarding my grandfather’s true feelings concerning the upcoming marriage of his youngest daughter. I do know those words stuck. And were appropriate. Said with as much love as he could muster under whatever the circumstances allowed.


Thank You God. I came here initially reading of the words “white” and “water” as found  in Revelation 1:15. Amplified Bible as well as The Passion Translation. And here we take this sharp left turn instead.


Straight over to Ephesians 4:15 and the importance of speaking the truth in love. Blessed Lord, You know I didn’t grow up with this as the model! Screaming. Yelling. Silent treatments. Grudge holding. And so much more. Those were our norm.


Thank You Lord, for changing my life. Each decision I’ve made through the years to honor You, Your will, Your way has freed me of the shackles of who and what I used to be. You’ve done that for me.


Every single time I drop my want and align it with what You have for me instead there is peace. Joy. Love. Your promise that “God’s peace will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. The peace that God gives is so great that we cannot understand it” (Philippians 4:7 International Children’s Bible).


Oh yes Lord. THAT peace! Peace I had never known before You.


Your peace which teaches, “We must say what is true and say it with love. In that way we will grow up in all things to be like Christ, who is the head of this body” [Ephesians 4:15 Worldwide English (New Testament)].


Thank You Father for taking my Grandpa’s words from all those years ago and using them to speak deeply into my heart just now. Continue Your work in changing me into the loving woman You created me to be.


I love You Lord. I need You. I thank and praise You. Amen.


(434 words ~ 2:35 p.m.)



No comments:

Post a Comment