Saturday, May 1, 2021

God is good

Saturday, May 1, 2021 (4:57 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You that You are good.

(5:21 a.m.)


Thank You that I get to search, read and learn more of what this very simple statement actually means. Circumstances change. You don’t. Thank You.


Thank You for the glorious colors observed in Your early morning sky just now. Yet another example of Your awe and wonder.


Lord God, I love You. Thank You that I get to know You as good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. Kind. Loving.


Thank You for this opportunity to sit with You. Aware that “every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows” (James 1:17; New International Version).


You provide us opportunity to work. To share. To love. To truly “be still and know” that You alone are God (Psalm 46:10).


Lord I have tears that only You can understand. In my heart and soul, as well as my eyes. Tears representing the joy that only comes from knowing I am loved by You. Thank and praise You Lord!


The Passion Translation tells us, “Everyone look! Come and see the breathtaking wonders of our God. For He brings both ruin and revival. He’s the one who makes conflicts end throughout the earth, breaking and burning every weapon of war. Surrender your anxiety” (Psalm 46:8-10a).


You offer us Your peace that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:9). Free for the taking. How deeply I thank You Lord!


Father God, I ask You to use me this day in genuinely sharing Your goodness with others. You know Your plans for each of us. “Plans for good and not for evil. Plans to give [us] a future and a hope” (Jeremiah 29:11).


I ask You, Lord, to embolden and empower me in every single step I take today. Depending on Your goodness and grace in glorifying and enjoying You.


I love You, God. I thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(340 words ~ 6:20 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment