Monday, May 10, 2021

learning love

 Monday, May 10, 2021 (7:20 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You! Just when I thought I didn’t have anything to say, “Learning Love” came to mind. Yes Father. Thank You that in You, we get to learn love!


Oh, thank and praise You, Lord! Right when we start to think we know so much, that “we’ve got this” Your Truth shows we are only beginning to learn.


Psalm 51:16-17

1 Corinthians 2:6-13

Ephesians 5:1-2

Philippians 1:9-11

Colossians 1:3-8

2 John 1:4-6


All these verses and it’s at 1 Corinthians 13:1-2 that I stop. Asking You to continue Your teaching me Dear Lord.


Yes Father. Following the title Love Is the Greatest, we learn there is “something else that is better than any of them!” Referencing the gifts of the Spirit mentioned in chapter 12.


Verses 1 through 3 of chapter 13 tell us so much of the importance of Your love working in our lives. “If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn’t love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal…”


Gifts of prophesy, knowing all the mysteries of the future, having the gift of faith, giving all and sacrificing self without loving others “would be of no value whatsoever” (v. 3b New Living Translation).


Oh most Dear and Blessed God, continue Your work in my learning to love as You would have me.


The Life Recovery Bible 13:1-3 footnote teaches us, “Paul was writing to a group of believers who had started to forget what real love is. He showed them all their abilities, talents, and spiritual gifts amounted to nothing if they didn’t love each other. Without selfless love, we have nothing. Loving relationships are essential to the recovery process.”


The Passion Translation sums up this simple Truth so perfectly. “… and if I had the greatest gift of faith that could move mountains, but have never learned to love, then I am nothing.”


I want to learn to love as You would have me Dearest Lord. I confess, I currently don't. Do all You must to Your good and perfect end. I love You.


Quoting the apostle Paul’s encouragement to the Philippians (1:9-11) here in The Message. I sincerely ask You to make Your Truth happen in me. “So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well. Learn to love appropriately. You need to use your head and test your feelings so that your love is sincere and intelligent, not sentimental gush. Live a lover’s life circumspect [cautious, careful] and exemplary [ideal], a life Jesus will be proud of: bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God.”


Yes Lord. Teach me that I will continue learning love. Your love. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.

(505 words ~ 8:22 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment