Wednesday, May 26, 2021

anyway

 Wednesday, May 26, 2021 (6:29 a.m.)

Holy God,


What would You have me do with disappointment? Thank and praise You anyway! Yes. Thank and praise You Father.


I didn’t get my way earlier. Clouds prevented my perfect viewing of the much anticipated and publicized total eclipse of the Super Flower Blood Moon. I thanked You anyway.


There was unbelievable beauty in the clouds. Along with a Truth I may not have noticed otherwise. I could see hints of the moon. Knew exactly where to look. Even though I caught only an occasional glimpse. Just like with You! I know You’re always here with me. Even though I rarely “see” You.


Father God, I DO thank and praise You for the blessings You provide us. Even this opportunity to discuss feeling disappointed. I didn’t want to appear ungrateful to You. I wanted to be faithful. Hopeful. Loving. Kind.


Thank You for the work You’ve been doing in me that kept me from cursing my dashed hope. I remembered instead to thank You anyway. Being reminded by something that was completely out of my control, I recalled the importance of holding my desire with open hands.


Yes, Lord. Please God. In the grand scheme of things I have far more reasons for which to thank and give You praise. Regardless of any circumstance [or disappointment] You remain great. Glorious. Good. Gracious.


International Children’s Bible puts the Truth of disappointment quite simply. Proverbs 13:12, “It is sad when yo don’t get what you hoped for. But when wishes come true, it’s like eating fruit from the tree of life.”


Keep my eyes on You Dearest God. Your Truth. Your Word. Your promises. Disappointments will come. And go. Continue teaching, empowering and enabling me to thank You anyway.


I love You. I need You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(303 words ~ 7:44 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment