Sunday, May 23, 2021

thanking and praising God

 Sunday, May 23, 2021 (6:35 a.m.)

Holy God,


How I thank You Lord. Throughout the night I found myself thinking. Then thanking. Praying. Followed by praising.


Looking to Your Word for others who thanked and praised You, I come across David (1 Chronicles 23:28-31) and Daniel (6:10). Oh to have their faith, Father. Thank You for the opportunity to revisit examples of people who genuinely knew the importance of thanking and praising You. Against all odds.


Most Blessed God, I confess to having convenient faith. The kind that doesn’t interfere with the beliefs of others. I’m far less likely to go out on a limb for You. Forgive me Lord.


Thinking and thanking, praying and praising all come relatively easily for me when I’m alone with You in the dark of night. But what about when what I believe conflicts with that of another? Where is my “Hallelujah! Thank and praise You, God” then?


You know all You are doing with me. I ask for the wherewithal to truly be the woman You created me to be. One who faithfully gives You the glory at every turn.


Do all You must in, with, by, through and for me to Your good and holy end Dearest God. I love You. I long to serve You. And I ask You for all that is needed. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(232 words ~ 7:37 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment