Friday, April 30, 2021

presence

 Friday, April 30, 2021 (6:30 a.m.)

Holy God,


Yesterday did NOT go as planned! Song wasn't found. The prayer left unfinished. Adjustments were made. And again I thank You Lord.


Thank You for the presence of mind to realize I had choices at every turn. Yes Father. You are working in me in ways of which I’m not even aware.


Take this very moment for example. Psalm 16:11. “You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.” Yes! Amen to that.


Holy Father God,

(7:30 a.m.)


And just like that, the phone rang as it did yesterday. Lord, thank You that You provide what is needed for us to put people over projects. Continue your work in me I pray.


Back to what I am learning about this morning’s gem. Illustrated Bible HandbookPsalm 16. This beautiful psalm expresses satisfaction with personal relationship to God. God alone is the source of all good (1-4), the One who assigns our place in life (5-6), and the One who guides us by His presence (7-8). The final verses (9-11) express David’s expectation of resurrection, and are also messianic references to Christ (cf. Acts. 2:24-31; 13:35-37).”


Oh most Holy God, the more I read, the more I ask You, continue “granting me the joy of Your presence.” Keep my focused on YOUR will and Your way. I long to live this day sharing Your love along the way.


The Passion Translation tells us, “Because of You, I know the path of life, as I taste the fullness of joy in Your presence. At Your right side I experience divine pleasures forevermore!” (Psalm 16:11).


A footnote here explains even more. “b. 16:11 Jesus was pierced in His side with the spear of man’s hatred. Eternal pleasures are found hidden in the wounds of Christ, where Jesus responded to the world’s hatred with sacred blood and water flowing from His side. Forgiveness and grace splashed on the dirt. We are now seated with Christ at His right side.”


Mm. Man’s hatred met with the eternal pleasures of forgiveness and grace. Let me rise to the challenge of meeting all that comes my way today with Your loving forgiveness and grace.


I want very much to represent You well this day. Reflecting Your love. Forgiveness. And grace. Yes please. Make it so. I love You. I thank You. Amen.


(422 words ~ 8:16 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment