Tuesday, March 1, 2022

"Thank You!"

 Tuesday, March 1, 2022 (7:39 a.m.)

Holy God,


“Thank You!”


I was so sure of myself! I thought I knew exactly what song I was singing long before my eyes ever opened.


♪Come to the Father♪ It all fit. The cadence. The chorus. And then? NOT the lyrics!


Thank You Lord that as I searched I found even more songs that I wasn’t singing. Trying harder to find the one I wanted led me to ♪Run to The Father♪ Right beat. Not the words I wanted.


Then? Wait for it… ♪O Come to the ALTAR♪ Yes! Thank You!


♪Are you hurting and broken within Overwhelmed by the weight of your sin Jesus is calling… O come to the altar The Father’s arms are open wide♪


My first thought was to judge myself for being wrong. You interrupted my thinking. Stopped me in my tracks. Reminding me that I did indeed find what I was looking for. As well as two other songs as bonus.


Thank You that when I paid attention to Your leading my first response was, “Thank You!” Thank You for changing my focus. Thank You for reminding me not to stay in thoughts of the mistake, but to celebrate all evidence of the find.


Thank You Father! Thank You for all You do in bringing our hearts, souls, minds and strength to You. I want to experience receiving and giving Your love in all aspects of this day. Loving You, others and myself (Mark 12:30-31) as You know is best.


Thank You for leading, guiding and directing me to giving thanks in all things (1 Thessalonians 5:18). Even [especially] when I think I’m wrong. You’re with us. Always (Psalm 16:8; Matthew 28:20b).


Thank You. Praise You. I love You. I need You. I want You. Use me as You know is best. Amen.

(313 words ~ 8:16 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment