Monday, March 7, 2022

James 1:19

 Monday, March 7, 2022 (7:00 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You!


Yes Lord. Thank You for all the things I can think of to thank You for providing (1 Thessalonians 5:18). Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. And strength of spirit (Galatians 5:22-23a).


Father, You are good. Continue Your work in making me hyper aware of the knee-jerk reactions I’ve been experiencing with perceived assaults and oversights from others.


Dear Lord, this giving up taking things personally for Lent is much harder, and potentially far more rewarding, than I ever anticipated. Grow me through the entire process I ask (Matthew 7:7).


Having the opportunity to turn and bring to You all I think and feel is such a blessing. Teach me to use Your gifts well.


I want to live Your Word this day. Particularly the Truth and practice of James 1:19. Empower and enable me in “be[ing] quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.”


Oh yes please Lord! Reading in two separate publications my heart quickens! I want desperately to “live without malice… free from any drive toward revenge” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).


Yes! Do all You must that I will come to ‘lead with my ears, follow up with my tongue, letting anger straggle along in the rear. My righteousness doesn’t grow from human anger (James 1:19-20; The Message).


Most Blessed God, the studying this morning just keeps getting better! Praise You Father. And make me able I pray.


Continuing with verse 21, “So throw all spoiled virtue and cancerous evil in the garbage. In simple humility, let our gardener, God, landscape you with the Word, making a salvation-garden of your life.”


Oh yes please Dear Lord. Landscape me with Your Word. Making a salvation-garden of my life. This I ask in Jesus’ most dear and precious name.


I love You. I need You. I want You. Grow me as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(337 words ~ 8:11 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment