Friday, March 4, 2022

so why not?

 Friday, March 4, 2022 (7:21 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You. I begin with the near automatic greeting. And confessing that to be the case, I notice a smile appears. On my face and my heart.


Thank You that I get to be so honest with You. You know my thoughts anyway, so why not? Indeed. Why not!


Father, thank You. Truly! You were there with me yesterday. All the while I attempted to work through a hurt feeling.


My habit is to build a case of justification. Why it’s okay for me to stew in my own juices. Plotting revenge. Exacting tit for tat.


Thank You that Your way is better! So much better!


When I look to You, instead of any particular circumstance, smiling invariably happens. That’s when I am reminded that You are working in me. By, though, with and for me. Thank You Father.


Again I say it truly. Thank You!


Thank You for straightening my crooked thinking. Thank You for righting my inadequacies. You are good all the time. And I desperately need Your goodness in my life. Each and every single moment.


I cannot be trusted on my own. I will invariably make mountains out of molehills. Turning what I perceive as a slap in the face into a cataclysmic oversight.


I need You to keep me balanced. Even keeled. Forgiving. As well as forgiven!


Reading Your Word, I am reminded to “Pay all your debts, except the debt of love for others. You can never finish paying that! If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill all the requirements of God’s law” (Romans 13:8).


Oh! Just as I’m thinking of using my own words, here’s verse 14. “But let the Lord Jesus Christ take control of you, and don’t think of ways to indulge your evil desires.” In this case, taking something personally and holding that grudge.


Thank You Father! I’m smiling again because of the musical chorus You woke me up singing. ♪He is for you He is for you…♪


As I continued waking, more of the song presented itself. ♪And your children And their children, and their children…♪


Holy Father God, I want to set a good example for my children and their children. By not taking things personally. By forgiving. Letting go of slights. And loving as You have taught us.


With all of our hearts, souls, minds and strength. And our neighbors as ourselves (Mark 12:30-31). Asking You to “forgive us our trash baskets as we forgive those who trash our baskets against us” [a Sunday School version of Matthew 6:12].


In every single circumstance, we have choices. So why not turn our hearts to You? Yes Lord. Keep doing all You must in ridding me of my trash baskets!


I love You. I need You. I want You. I thank and praise You. Use me as only You know is best. Amen.

(487 words ~ 8:34 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment