Thursday, March 17, 2022

such a simple statement

 Thursday, March 17, 2022 (6:29 a.m.)

Holy God,


There’s another song. I thought I knew exactly what it was. I was wrong.


Thank You God for the ease with which I get to say those words. “I was wrong.” “I made a mistake.” “Will you forgive me?”


Wow! Who [besides You!] knew that such a simple statement [“I was wrong”] could so completely impact my thinking. You are indeed an awesome God! Thank You.


Yes Lord. Thank You for the privileges and reminders You provide us. Like asking to be forgiven.


Dearest God, I make so many mistakes. Repeatedly. Thank You that You are “faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).


Thank You for the direction such a simple statement as “I was wrong” can take us. In this particular instance? Over to Ephesians 4. Verses 31 and 32. New International Version.


“Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice [spite, ill will, revenge]. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”


Mm, yes please. This is what I long to practice today. Forgiveness. Both offering and receiving it.


I would greatly appreciate finding the song I was looking for if You don’t mind.


And just like that [SNAP!] here it is! NOT Come to the Garden or … the Table or the Fountain. No. None of those.


♪Are you hurting and broken within Overwhelmed by the weight of your sin Jesus is calling O Come to the Altar The Father’s arms are open wide Forgiveness was bought with The precious blood of Jesus Christ Leave behind your regrets and mistakes Come today there’s no reason to wait Jesus is calling Bring your sorrows and trade them for joy From ashes a new life is born Jesus is calling O come to the altar…♪


Thank You for such a teaching as this! The omission of just that one word [altar] led me to learning even more about Your forgiveness. Thank You God.


Use me this day in practicing such a simple statement as, “I was wrong.” Following up with, “I made a mistake.” And most importantly, “Will you forgive me?”


Thank You for the opportunity to again sing and smile. Standing on the Truth of Your Word. And staying my mind on You. I love You Father. I need You. I want You. Thank You God. Amen.

(418 words ~ 7:33 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment