Saturday, March 12, 2022

being grateful

 Saturday, March 12, 2022 (5:18 a.m.)


Thank You God. Thank You God. Thank You God.


Yes. Indeed. Thank You God!


Holy Father, how I thank You this morning. Sleep was interrupted. Then repeated. Thank You God.


I want very much to acquire the habit of saying thank You. In all circumstances. For every reason. 1 Thessalonians 5:18.


Thank You for the countless times that I wake up with music in my mind. Most often there are words. Some more easily identified than others.


This morning was different. Well, much the same. And then different. First I readily recognized ♪There’s Nothing That Our God Can’t Do♪ Thank You for the sleep that immediately followed.


This seems to be the first time I’ve woken to an instrumental. Actually feeling its depth as a wave of musical emotion overtook me.


Thinking I wouldn’t be able to identify the song without words to guide me ♪Somewhere In Time♪ immediately came to mind. The smile I have as I consider tomorrow’s upcoming time change seems more like a wink. From You. Yes. Just that little reminder that You are here. In all things. Thank You God.


You provide us music. Knowledge. Learning. Mistakes. Practice. Growth. And so very much more. 


Looking to Your Word I am blessed to find so many verses expressing the importance of being grateful and giving You thanks. Use them in making me truly appreciative.


Yes Lord. You’ve given us so much. I want to “tell of the marvelous things You have done. I will be filled with joy because of You. I will sing praises to Your name, O Most High” (Psalm 9:1-2). Oh yes, please Dear God.


Directed over to Living by the Spirit’s Power (Ephesians 5:17-20) I do want to ‘be careful how I live. Not as a fool, but as one who is wise. Making the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days. Not acting thoughtlessly, but trying to understand what You want me to do. Not being drunk with wine that I would ruin my life. Instead letting the Holy Spirit fill and control me’ (vs. 17-18). Yes, please Dear Lord.


I want to ‘sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among ourselves, making music to You in my heart. Always giving thanks [being grateful] to You, God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ’ (19-20). Mm, yes, Father!


Considering all You’ve done for us through the years, I ask that the power and Truth of Colossians 3:16-17 become easily and readily identified as You at work.


I want to ‘let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in my heart and make me wise. Using Your words to teach and counsel one another. Singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever I do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, all the while giving thanks through Him to You God the Father.


Oh yes please Dear Lord. Do all You must that I will continue identifying Your winks and being grateful.


I love You. I thank You. And I ask You Dear God, continue doing all You know is best to Your good and glorious end. Praise You. Amen.

(551 words ~ 8:01 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment