Friday, March 11, 2022

true thankfulness

 Friday, March 11, 2022 (5:11 a.m.)

♪Lead Me to the Cross♪

(6:44 a.m.)


My thoughts are all over the place Dear Lord. I’m truly asking You to ♪Lead me to the cross Where Your love poured out Bring me to my knees Lord I lay me down Rid me of myself I belong to You Oh lead me to the cross♪


Yes please Lord. I confess a sadness. Completely counter to the excitement I experienced yesterday. And again, here comes a smile.


Thank You God. I can’t make this stuff up! I think and try and think some more about wanting to feel differently about things. It’s only when I confess it to You, even in the smallest degree, that true thankfulness begins.


Another smile. True thankfulness. Yes Lord. Thank You.


Thank You for every reminder that You provide. We have Your love. Your Word. Your promises. And Your presence.


Thank You. Praise You. Here I ask You to completely ♪Bring me to my knees Lord♪ Ridding me of myself. That Your will, Your way would shine brightly through.


The apostle Paul “learned the secret of being content in any and every situation” (Philippians 4:12). I want to follow his example. Not worrying about anything, instead praying about everything. Telling You my needs. And thanking You for Your answers (v. 6).


Yes God. I could pretend. Say all the right things. But You know and weigh my heart (Proverbs 21:2). Here I ask You Lord to live in me. Make Your Truth come alive in my thoughts, words and deeds (Hebrews 8:10).


Confessing myself to You opens me up to Your Truth. How I ask You to adjust me as You know is best. Teaching me to be truly thankful in all things (1 Thessalonians 5:18).


I love You Lord. I thank You. Use me. Amen.

(314 words ~ 8:27 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment