Sunday, March 6, 2022

♪If Any Man♪

 Sunday, March 6, 2022 (6:30 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You. Praise You.

(7:45 a.m.)


I got distracted. One thought led to a search. That find led to other searches. And the next thing I knew much of the singing and smiling, thanking and praising had fallen far off to the side. Forgive me Father.


And right here, in this very moment, I have another choice! A text message providing me another opportunity to take something personal. Or not.


Thank You God! Thank You for allowing me this chance to come back to singing the song with which I awoke. Spurred into being from a quote given to me by a friend yesterday.


Brian Simmons, author of The Passion Translation, “You can’t carry an offense and the cross at the same time. One must be laid down.”


Yes Lord. I get to choose. Hold on to a hurt feeling or follow You?


Thank You for songs to sing and smiles to share. One so often follows the other. Thank You.


♪If Any Man come after me Let him deny himself, Pick up his cross, and follow me Into life eternally. Deny yourself, pick up your cross, and follow Jesus, He is the Way, Truth and Life♪ (Matthew 16:24).


Oh, “Amen” Dear Lord. Yes! I feel strengthened and buoyed as I sing out the march-like cadence of this children’s song. Continue teaching me in denying myself, picking up my cross and following Jesus.


I love You. I get to keep coming back to You. Every single time I stray away. Thank You for this honor and privilege. You are so very good to us.


Father, I am asking You to keep working in, with, by, through and for me. You know my needs. And my desires. I want to serve You. Denying myself. Picking up my cross. And following You (John 12:26). Eternally!


Thank You. Praise You. Just as I said all those hours ago. Use me this day exactly as You know is best. I love You. I need You. I want You. Amen.


(346 words ~ 8:58 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment