Friday, March 18, 2022

refreshed and renewed

 Friday, March 18, 2022 (8:32 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


I’m confessing concern. For myself. And my health.


Father, I love You. I thank and praise You. And try as I may, my thoughts keep shifting over to fear.


Thank You that we have Your Word of Truth and promises. Reminding us repeatedly to “Fear not” and “Do not be afraid.”


Thank You that again I get to be refreshed and renewed by Your Word. Yes Lord, You give me strength to hope.


Thank You that at every turn we get to choose. Hope? Or despair. Thank You that I want to choose hope. In You.


I have the opportunity of a video appointment this evening. I went through the steps of setting it up. Technology is not my strong point. What if I did it wrong? What if it doesn’t go through?


And then I get to come back to You. And you speaking to Joshua (1:9). “I command you - be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”


The song from much earlier this morning begins again. ♪I am chosen Not forsaken I am Who You Say I Am You are for me Not against me… Who the Son sets free Oh is free indeed I’m a child of God Yes I am♪


Thank You Father. When I think of You and Your promises I smile. Stand firm. Stay my mind. And trust.


YOU know Your plans… (Jeremiah 29:11). I’m looking to You. Bringing all my concerns.


You give us the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. You call on heaven to witness the choice I make, that I and my descendants might live! I choose to love You, the LORD my God and to obey You and commit myself to You, for You are my life (Deuteronomy 30:19-20a).


Today I selfishly ask You to keep my mind on You. Teach me to truly ‘Be strong and courageous! Not afraid! [Trusting that] You will go ahead of me. Neither failing nor forsaking me’ (Deuteronomy 31:6).


Thank You Lord for refreshing and renewing my thoughts. My hopes. My smile. I love You. Use me exactly as You know is best. I need You. I want You. Thank You. Amen.

(390 words ~ 9:16 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment