Saturday, March 19, 2022

accepting and adjusting

 Saturday, March 19. 2022 (7:11 a.m.)

Holy God,


You surprised me again yesterday. I confessed fear. Your provided peace. I grumbled dissatisfaction and you reminded me to look up. Change my focus. Stay right there where I was. Thank You Lord! Praise You Father.


There were wonders. And reminders to be delighted. Choosing to turn to and ask You to join me in the moment I experienced joy. Rather than continuing to mutter and grouse, I admitted irritations.


Thank You God that we get to be honest with You. You took what I had to offer [complaints] and changed them to praise. Kind of like that “beauty for ashes” promise (Isaiah 61:3) You are so well known for.


What started as just a reference has turned into a giant “YES!” And “Thank You God.”


“To all who mourn in Israel, He will give beauty for ashes, joy instead of mourning, praise instead of despair. For the LORD has planted them like strong and graceful oaks for His own glory.”


Mm, yes. Father I long to be strong and graceful. I can do that because “with God everything is possible” (Matthew 19:26b). According to the apostle Paul, “I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need” (Philippians 4:13).


Our plans for this day are already WAY different than we had expected. Thank You for reminding me of the importance of accepting and adjusting. I’m asking You to do all that is necessary to ♪Keep Me In the Moment Help me live with my eyes wide open ‘Cause I don’t wanna miss what You have for me♪


Yes Lord. You are good. Gracious. Glorious. Great. Generous. And I love You. Use me today. Exactly as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. I need You. I want You. Amen.

(313 words ~ 8:29 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment