Saturday, March 5, 2022

when

 Saturday, March 5, 2022 (6:10 a.m.)


Singing. Smiling. Staying my mind on Your Truth. Standing firm on Your Word. Thank You Father for this privilege of learning to love You with all of our hearts, souls, minds and strength (Mark 12:30). And our neighbors as ourselves (v. 31).


Lord God, You are good. We are grateful for Your faithful presence.


Mm, yes. Your faithful presence!


The song I chose to sing this morning wasn’t initially there. I was fully aware that I wasn’t singing as I awoke. And the next thing I knew I was earnestly belting out ♪Oh, When The Saints Go Marching In♪


Blessed God, thank You that we get to find evidence of Your presence when we look for it. Even when we’re otherwise unaware.


Watching news of the horrors taking place in the world I am grateful to be able to turn to You. Reading, believing and embracing Your Truth and promises.


“From there [disobedience and destruction] you will search again for the LORD your God. And if you search for Him with all your heart and soul, you will find Him” (Deuteronomy 4:29). Oh it just keeps getting better!


“When those bitter days have come upon you far in the future, you will finally return to the LORD your God and listen to what He tells you. For the LORD your God is merciful - He will not abandon you or destroy you or forget the solemn covenant He made with your ancestors” (vs. 30 and 31).


We get to come to You. No matter our circumstances. Because You are compassionate. Even when we fail You. You want us to listen to and obey what You know is best for us. I ask You for the willingness to follow You.


Thank You God that as I spend time with You I am aware of Your workings in other areas. Like a couple of parent eagles tending to their hatchlings. As I read more concerning their care and devotion to their young, I find myself excited and eager to tell [agog with You].


Turning to Deuteronomy 32:10-12 and citing another song [of Moses] I am reminded of Your protection and guidance. Thank You Father that You would have us live a life of joy and freedom.


Your Word is true. Unchanging. And You invite us to wait on You and find new strength (Isaiah 40:31). Thank and praise You Lord.


The “when” song I was singing earlier has transitioned itself to ♪When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder♪ Choosing to blend them both into one medley, I smile as I affirm to You Dear God ♪Oh Lord, I want to be in that number When the saints go marching in… I’ll be there!♪


Mmm, yes! Lord I want to be there with You in that number. When the roll is called up yonder and the saints go marching in. Do all You must to that great and glorious end.


I love You. I need You. I want You. Thank You. Amen.

(511 words ~ 7:56 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment