Sunday, March 20, 2022

a miracle

 Sunday, March 20, 2022 (5:51 a.m.)

Most Blessed, Holy God,


You did a miracle yesterday Dear Lord. In us. With us. By, through and for us. A miracle all the way.


There is no other word I can choose to use right now. Our time spent with grandsons was truly Your power [Greek word dunamis translated as ‘miracle’] being made evident by the work You’ve been doing in each of us.


There are not enough “Thank You”s in this world for me to express the joy You provided us yesterday. Waking up singing and smiling after sleeping quite well I am completely excited and eager to tell [agog].


In You. Through You. By You. With You. For You. We are being changed. All of us. Listening is happening. Actual hearing. Watching. Seeing. Being aware. And honest. Right in the moments.


Yesterday began with my set agenda being adjusted. My time frame no longer needed to be rushed. We took an extra hour to get started. And were given three more at the end.


Scuffles were handled readily. Voices calmed. Hurt feelings easily identified. And forgiven. Attitudes of the past were touched upon, momentarily discussed and left in the past. Where they so rightly belong. This was all You Dear Lord.


Compelling Truth describes You as “a God of miracles.” And miracles as acts that only You can do. Beyond the realm of human understanding and ability. Again I point to yesterday!


A feeling was hurt. Voices began raising. Truth was spoken quietly and calmly. Peace returned. And singing. Oh Your goodness, the singing!


Thank You God for the intergenerational working together to accomplish Bluetooth connectivity. Repeatedly! While at times more good natured than others, listening and learning were definitely key.


Lord, how I thank You for the parents of these two boys. They know them [and YOU] so well. Thank You for their forward thinking. Their commitment to breaking negative patterns of the past. And for allowing us to practice along with them.


Blessed, Holy, Father God, this change in me and my attitude is all You! Again I point to that miracle with which I began this time together with You. You changing my heart (Psalm 51:10). You teaching me to “be quick to hear [a ready listener], slow to speak, slow to take offense and to get angry” (James 1:19 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition).


Dearest God, thank You for again waking me with music. First the notes. Then the repeating words ♪Out Of My Hands and into Yours…♪ Mm, yes Dear Lord! It’s when I release all I don’t understand and ♪let the weight of my fear fall like sand♪ that I get to truly hold onto Your healing Truth.


♪Knowing I can trust You is a treasure With eyes wide open now I finally see I see that I find my life was never mine at all You’re still the one inside always in control♪


How I thank and praise You Blessed God. Knowing, believing and trusting ♪There’s nothing that You can’t handle God You are strong enough [to] take this out of my hands♪


I love how invested I can be with one song while two others are singing within as well. ♪Your forgiveness Is like sweet, sweet honey on my lips Like the sound of a symphony to my ears Like Holy Water on my skin I don’t wanna abuse Your grace God, I need it every day It’s the only thing that ever really makes me wanna change♪


At the very same time I have Motel from Fiddler on the Roof listing six of Your miracles as he sings ♪Wonder of wonders, Miracle of Miracles♪ Father, this fictional character knew it was You who gave him the strength of courage to ask for what he wanted. 


The tailor acknowledges being taken by the hand, turned around and led to the promised land. You do that for us. When we don’t have what it takes, You supply the strength of Spirit (Galatians 5:23a) we need to make necessary changes.


And right there is the miracle! The fruit of Your Spirit that is produced “when the Holy Spirit controls our lives” (v.22).


Yes! We lived a miracle yesterday Lord. And we ask for another today. You working in, with, by, through and for us. Doing all You know is needed and best. We love You. We need You. We want You. We thank and praise You. Use us. Amen.

(750 words ~ 9:27 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment