Friday, March 11, 2022

direction and protection

 Thursday, March 10, 2022 (6:00 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You. Praise You. There was music. Truth. Hope. You. Indeed, thank You!


♪There’s Nothing That Our God Can’t Do♪ Amen to that! ♪There’s not a mountain that He can’t move♪ Thank You Lord for Your power and strength.


Thank You that even when we don’t know Your plans, we know they are for our good. To ultimately give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).


I turn to You this morning seeking Your direction and protection. Two words that came to me hours ago. Along with the song.


Thank You Father that as we look to You and Your Word I sincerely seek Your presence here with me.

(7:40 a.m.)


Opportunity to learn a new to me song [♪Clair de Lune♪] on the piano just now. Having believed what I had been told decades ago about a song being too difficult for me I realized just now it was the teaching method that was faulty. Not me.


What I needed was an arrangement suited to my skill level. Thank You God for teaching us that what may initially appear too advanced for us can be broken down. Even modified.

(9:51 a.m.)


Your Word does that for us. Takes all the things that we can’t understand and presents them in ways we can trust.

(12:18 p.m.)


Father, thank You. Praise You. Because You love us we get to trust and depend on You. How I praise You for Your goodness and Your grace. Use me this day as You know is best.


Psalm 115:11 in The Message tells us, “You who fear [fully esteem and revere] GOD, trust in GOD! - trust your Helper! Trust your Ruler!” Yes please Lord! Teach us to trust You. Always.


The song has changed to ♪Lead Me to the Cross Where Your love poured out Bring me to my knees Lord I lay me down Rid me of myself I belong to You Lead me, lead me to the cross♪


Yes Lord. While it’s absolutely true that there is nothing that You can’t do, there are plenty of things that You don’t or won’t do. Or haven’t done. Yet. So often we don’t understand.


Thank You that we have the Truth of Your Word on which to stand. And depend.


Isaiah 55:8-9 “‘My thoughts are completely different from yours,’ says the LORD. ‘And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.”


You know what You’re doing. You’ve got us. Thank You that You for directing and protecting us. I love You. Amen.

(461 words ~ 1:08 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment