Thursday, March 24, 2022

backwards

Thursday, March 24. 2022 (12:40 p.m.)

Most Dear and Holy God,


Today has seemed a bit backwards. Baking. Phone calls. Chores. And now time with You. Thank You for Your presence with me through it all.


Mm. Your presence. Thank You God.

(2:44 p.m.)


How fun that as backwards as my approach has been to this day, I find myself singing again. And of all songs? ♪Everything Is Awesome♪


Looking to line up those lyrics with Your Word, I’m pouring over translations of Psalm 147:5. “How great is our Lord! His power is absolute [awesome in some versions, abundant in others]! His understanding is beyond comprehension!”


Oh thank You that You are, Dear God! Thank You for the ease with which smiles come while reading the Truth of Your promises.


A comment in The Life Recovery Bible (147:2-11) further describes Your power. “God can restore us to wholeness again. We need to turn to Him instead of withering away in our remorse. There is always hope when we honor God in our life because there is nothing greater than God’s power. He is able to heal us and provide for all our needs and is never overwhelmed by the dependency that we call our enemy.”


This psalm is described in Illustrated Bible Handbook as a “praise to God, who ‘delights in those who fear [fully esteem and revere] Him.’” Amen, Dear Lord!


Again I thank You for Your presence. Keep me singing Your praises, smiling, standing on Your Word and staying my mind on You. Thank You Father. I love You. Use me. Amen.

(268 words ~ 4:10 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment