Tuesday, March 15, 2022

expressions of gratitude

 Tuesday, March 15, 2022 (7:37 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You! Thank You for love. And joy. Peace. And patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. And strength of spirit. Against such there is no law (Galatians 5:22-23).


Mm, yes Lord. Initially I had nothing to say. That very first expression of gratitude opened the floodgates. Thank You Lord. The smile I’m wearing visibly reflects the joy I’m experiencing. Again, thank You God.

(8:28 a.m.)


Blessed Lord, I confess my tendency of considering the negative. Judging myself [and others] harshly. Thank You that when we turn to You, the light of Your Truth shines through.

(8:48 a.m.)


Searching and reading Your Word, I find myself hungry to know more. Thank You for the freedom (Galatians 5:13) that comes from knowing, trusting, loving and obeying Jesus.


Following Galatians 5:14 back to Leviticus (19:18) again I am grateful. Paul’s reminder that “the whole law can be summed up in this one command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself’” is paramount to our existence.


Examining the laws given in Leviticus, verses 17 and 18 scream out to me. “Do not nurse hatred in your heart for any of your relatives. Confront your neighbors directly so you will not be held guilty for their crimes. Never seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.”


Yes! You ARE the Lord! And I am here to fully esteem and revere [fear] You. Again I thank You God!


Turning to various verses citing the importance of fearing You, I land at Psalm 111:9-10. Excited and eager to tell [agog]. “He [the LORD] has paid a full ransom for His people. He has guaranteed His covenant with them forever. What a holy, awe-inspiring name He has! Reverence for [Fear of] the LORD is the foundation of true wisdom. The rewards of wisdom come to all who obey Him. Praise His name forever!”


Indeed! Praise Your name forever. Yes please!


You got the praise started with my very first expression of gratitude. And it grew from there. Thank You Lord. Use me this day in sharing Your love. And joy… Exactly as You know is best.


Thank You. Praise You. I love You. I need You. I want You. Amen.


(391 words ~ 9:52 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment