Tuesday, March 30, 2021

righted thinking

 Tuesday, March 30, 2021 ( 6:10 a.m.)

Holy God,


How deeply and truly I thank You. You righted my thinking yesterday. Thank and praise You for Who and all You are.


After having spent wonderful time with You asking Your Holy Spirit to head up my day, something didn’t go according to my liking and I threw all decorum straight out the window. I actually had quite the little tizzy fit.


Ranting. Cursing. Growling. And finally? Singing. Asking to Put Jesus in my Everyday Life Not just Sundays or Wednesdays But all the in between days♪ Thank You for having taken hold of all my unseemliness and righting my wrong thinking.


Ecclesiastes 10:2 sums me up quite well. “Wise thinking leads to right living. Stupid thinking leads to wrong living.” Yep! Me. Right there. In a nutshell. Thank You God.


Thank You that You came immediately to put an end to that dark, deep hole I was preparing to take myself down. Cursing rather than blessing. Complaining instead of thanking. Definitely NOT glorifying and enjoying You.


Praise You God ♪from Whom all blessings flow♪ Yes indeed. You stopped me right in my tracks. Reminding me Whose I am and Whom I serve (Acts 27:23). I got to choose. Right in that very moment. Bless or curse? Sing or stomp?


You changed my heart and I got to wake up this morning singing. ♪Lord, You are More Precious than Silver. Lord, You are more costly than gold. Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds. And nothing I desire compares with You♪


It was only after calming and settling completely down that I realized my feelings had been hurt. Not until later did I notice a huge error in my actual reading and understanding of circumstances. Forgive me Father.


Lord God, You have so much more work to do in me. Thank You that You are “faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).


As I read deeper into Your Word I find myself feeling settled. Grounded. International Children’s Bible, “God, You do what is right. You know our thoughts and feelings. Stop those wicked actions done by evil people. And help those who do what is right” (Psalm 7:9).


How appropriate to find myself singing ♪Don’t hold a grudge or a chip and here’s why Bitterness keeps you from flyin’ Always stay Humble And Kind♪ Yes Lord. Keep working in me to Your good end.


Going back to the original song of this morning [♪More Precious than Silver♪] I turn to the associated verse. Psalm 16:2. “I say to the LORD, You are my Lord; I have no good apart from You.” How true! How absolutely true.


The Life Recovery Bible comment (16:1-6) tells us, “Strength and security comes from God alone; He is the only one who can restore us to right living.” That is exactly what I experienced with You yesterday Lord. You righted my thinking. And I am grateful. Thank You God.


Use me this day Lord. Exactly as You alone know is best. Loving. Laughing. Glorifying. Enjoying. Forgiving. Reflecting Your goodness and Your grace. I love You. I need You. I want You. And I ask You Father, do all You must. Praise You. Amen.

(555 words ~ 8:20 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment