Friday, March 26, 2021

sure

 Thursday, March 25, 2021 (6:54 a.m.)

Holy God,


I love You. And I want to be the woman You created me to be. Loving. Kind. Sure. Confident. In You. And myself as well.


Oh most dear and blessed God, I struggle every single day knowing that I am not all I pretend to be. So much negative self talk and insecurities accompany me most of the time. Thank You that I get to come to You exactly as I am. Flawed. Imperfect. And loved by You anyway.


Yes Father, thank You that I can ramble with You and still end up reading Your Truth. Your promises. Choosing again The Passion Translation, I read David’s confession of his sin with Bathsheba (Psalm 51).


Knowing You to be merciful, compassionate and Your love to be unfailing (v. 1), he was free to come before You expecting to be washed clean from his guilt and purified of his sin (2). Here I am this morning Lord, asking much the same.


I am not all You would have me be. I try. All too often in my own strength, power or belief system. Do what You must Blessed God, to put me firmly on YOUR path of righteousness.


You are truly so very good to us! Even here while I’m pouring out my failings, I get to glance over at my open Life Recovery Bible. Turned to Psalm 51. “Step 6 Healing the Brokenness.” You never cease to amaze me Dearest Lord.


We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.” How long have I been ready O Lord? And tried to help You of course!


Here at the very last paragraph I read, “Jesus taught that ‘God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted’ (Matthew 5:4). God isn’t looking for evidence of how good we are or how hard we try. He only wants us to mourn over our sins and admit our brokenness. Then He will not ignore our needs but will forgive us, comfort us, and cleanse us.”


Yes please! Sign me up for the mourning and admitting on my part so I will be forgiven, comforted and cleansed by You. I confess right here Dearest God, I’ve yet to fully learn how to accept Your forgiveness, comfort and cleansing. I tend to think I need to continue offering You more than my burdened, brokenness.


Thank You that You are enough! Your forgiveness, comfort and cleansing are enough. I can be made whole in You! Thank You. Praise You. Forgive my uncertainties Lord. They keep me bound. You make me sure. Certain. Positive. Convinced.


That is absolutely how I want to live this day. Sure, in You!


Using David’s words (Psalm 51:5-7), Father I ask You to cleanse my heart, soul, mind and strength making me able to love as You would have me (Mark12:30-31).


“Lord, I have been a sinner from birth, from the moment my mother conceived me. I know that You delight to set Your Truth deep in my spirit. So come into the hidden places of my heart and teach me wisdom. Purify my conscience! Make this leper clean again! Wash me in Your love until I am pure in heart.”


Mm, yes Dearest Lord. Do all You must that I will live this day as You would have me. Other centered. Glorifying and enjoying You. Loving You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and my neighbor as myself.


Empower and enable me to this end Dearest God. I love You. I thank You. Amen.

(601 words ~ 8:22 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment