Thursday, March 4, 2021

good things

 Thursday, March 4, 2021 (6:34 a.m.)

Holy God,


Good morning, Lord. I love You. I am praying good things today. Mm, yes, good things.

(11:16 a.m.)


Almost five hours later and I’m still looking to You for good things. Yes Father. Having the opportunity to share time in the company of a loved one was such a good thing. Receiving happy news from a phone call just now is another.


Thank You Lord that we get to call upon You. Turning to Your Word in eager anticipation is such an incredibly good thing. 

(12:14 p.m.)


Mm, yes. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. All at the very top of any list of good things


Reading Old Testament passages (Numbers 10:29-32, Deuteronomy 26:1-11; 28:11-14), with their promises and directions of celebrations pale in comparison to “The Sacrifice of Jesus” (The Message, Hebrews 10:1-10).


“The old system in the law of Moses was only a shadow of the things to come, not the reality of the good things Christ has done for us. The sacrifices under the old system were repeated again and again, year after year, but they were never able to provide perfect cleansing for those who came to worship” (vs. 1, New Living Translation).


As I continue my quest to celebrate and enjoy the good things You provide, let me begin with Jesus. Yes, Father. Thank You for Jesus. His birth. His life. His Truth. His promises. His teachings. His sacrifice. His death. And most of all, His resurrection!


Empower me to live this day in grateful recognition of all He came to teach and provide. Father I ask You to make me a better learner. And sharer. You’ve provided us so very many good things. Let me learn to share. More! Honestly. Opening. Willingly. Freely.


I love You Father. I need You. I want You. And I thank You. Truly. For all the good things You have provided.


Use me. And the good things. Exactly as You know is best. Praise You God. Amen.

(348 words ~ 12:35 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment