Thursday, April 1, 2021

submitting our will to God's will

 Wednesday, March 31, 2021 (7:29 a.m.)

Holy God,


I love You. Thank You that I get to tell You that so easily. Thank You that You are good.


(8:32 a.m.)


Lord, I want to give You more than lip service this morning. Guide and direct me to this end I pray.


A webpage entitled “What does God want me to do?” begins by referencing Genesis 1:27 and explaining “We were created in God’s image as human beings to communicate and walk in harmony with Him.”


Reading further, I’m told “what God really wants is for all our doings to emanate from our being. He has no interest in grudging actions that have no connection with our hearts.” Bible verses mentioned are: Psalm 51:16-17; 1 Samuel 15:22 and Micah 6:6-8.


My head [and heart] nod in agreement as I read comments related to various Scriptures. “Whatever we do for God must come from a place of overflowing love, worship, and surrender” (Hosea 6:6; 12:6).


“When we put our faith in Christ’s death and resurrection, we can fulfill our purpose of knowing and glorifying God” (Romans 6:1-6).


“After we are saved, what God wants us to do is ‘grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ’ (2 Peter 3:18).


“We walk humbly with our God by seeking His blessing and approval on our life decisions. God does not become merely a part of our lives, He IS our life” (Galatians 2:20).


“To do what God wants us to do, we grow in our faith, continuing to surrender more and more areas of our lives to His control. We daily deny ourselves, take up our crosses, and follow Him” (Luke 9:23-27).


“Only when we keep our sins confessed (1 John 1:9) and our lives free from idolatry, worldliness, and compromise (1 John 5:21) can we walk humbly with our God.”

(12:13 p.m.)


Having begun this so much earlier I still carry with me the essence of what I was learning. Lord God, how very much I want to live each day submitting my will to Yours. Here I ask You to work in me to Your good and glorious end.


No comments:

Post a Comment