Monday, March 15, 2021

teetering

 Friday, March 12, 2021 (7:14 a.m. 15˚)

Mammoth Lakes, CA

Holy God,


I’m here. Grateful. Yet… Longing? Is that what I’m feeling? Can we flesh this out together?


The word picture that came to mind so much earlier was that of a seesaw. A teeter-totter.


And right here is the word… teetering! Yes Lord. I’m finding great comfort in seeing myself in the definition. “move or balance unsteadily; sway back and forth; be unable to decide between different courses; waver”


Thank You Father! Genuinely. Deeply. Thank You!


I experienced that exact description yesterday on my walk in the falling snow. Unsure which route to take. Not always steady on my feet. Yet having a blast in the process. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You God.


Yes Lord. I felt myself swaying yesterday. Intentionally. Delightfully. And here we have another opportunity to go out and play in the elements again. Thank You Father for all these many blessings You afford us.


Imagining the highs and lows of a teeter-totter allows me to see You as our ultimate Fulcrum [a thing that plays a central or essential role in an activity, event, or situation]. Yes! Your Son is our “precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who trusts will never be dismayed” (Isaiah 28:16).


Solid. Firm. Precious. Sure. Cornerstone. Foundation. I can wobble and sway and teeter all over the place and You will stay firm. Allowing me to only go so high or so low.


Thank and praise You Father that I can come to You with the most bizarre word pictures and You decipher them for me. Even here my search takes me to yet more comforting verses.


Isaiah 33:2 and 6. “But LORD, be merciful to us, for we have waited for You. Be our strength each day and our salvation in times of trouble… In that day He will be your firm foundation, providing a rich store of salvation, wisdom and knowledge. The fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure.”


Yes. I may very well teeter. And You will stay constant. Always. Thank You Father.


Use me as only You know is best. Glorifying and enjoying You forever. I love You. And thank You. Amen.

(372 words ~ 8:50 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment