Tuesday, March 16, 2021

loving-kindness

 Tuesday, March 16, 2021 (7:40 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You that You are good. Loving. Kind. This line of thinking takes me straight to Your Word. Thank You Lord.


Thank You that I get to come before You. Turning to Psalm 26:3 I ask You to speak to my heart. Teach me what You would have me know.


Father, I love You.

(8:36 a.m.)


Reading the various translations (verses 2-4), here I quote New American Standard Bible 1995. “Examine me, O LORD, and try me; Test my mind [Lit kidneys, figurative for inner man] and my heart. For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes, And I have walked in Your Truth [faithfulness]. I do not sit with deceitful [Or worthless men; lit men of falsehood] men, Nor will I go with pretenders [Or dissemblers, hypocrites].”


As life goes on around us, I look to You Father. There is strife and bitterness taking root in many. Practically unnoticed.


The Life Recovery Bible comment for verses 1-7 tells us, “Even if we stumble, we must keep trying to live an honest and open life, doing all we can to discover and fulfill God’s will for us…” Mm, yes Father!


This footnote goes on to describe Your love for us - “even with all our faults.” How grateful we are Lord! Your “loving-kindnesses indeed never cease,” (Lamentations 3:22a).


“For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness” (22b-23). Oh Dearest Lord, how I ask You to continue Your work in molding me into the woman You would have me be.


I love You. Teach me. Use me. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(283 words ~ 9:12 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment