Friday, March 5, 2021

called

Friday, March 5, 2021 (6:33 a.m.)

Holy God,


You are good. We are grateful.


Thank You that You call us. Yes Lord, You call us to live to please You (1 Thessalonians 4:1-12).

(1:08 p.m.)

How I ask You Father to teach me to be obedient to Your call.


As I read the apostle Paul’s words to the believers in Thessalonica I feel them spoken deep into my soul. “So finally, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus, we ask you, we beg you to remember what we have taught you: live a life that is pleasing to God as you are already doing. Yes, we urge you to keep living and thriving in that life!” (v. 1 The Voice).


Reading further into the chapter, we’re told by an emboldened subsection “Paul uses the language of a loving faith family reaching out to others.” Thank You Father for calling us into Your family.


Continuing at verse 10b through 11, “Brothers and sisters, we urge you to love even more and make it your goal to lead a peaceful life, mind your own business, and keep your hands busy in your work, as we have instructed you.”


A longer subsection explains, “What a beautiful, dramatic transformation! This is Paul’s progression from spoon-feeding people better moral choices to trusting them to live by love according to the conviction of the Spirit, their guide to becoming active participants in the kingdom of God. Paul is acknowledging that there is a power at work that is much greater than his pen. In fact, the same Spirit that inspires Paul’s words in these letters is teaching the believers in Thessalonica to live as true believers and teaches us still today.”


I long to live to please You Lord. I want the choices I make to glorify You. Work in, with, by, through and for me to this end. Thank You for calling us to You. I love You. Amen.

(334 words ~ 3:16 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment