Friday, March 26, 2021

immediately recognizing

 Wednesday, March 24, 2021 (7:00 a.m.)

Laughlin, NV

Holy God,


Thank You that I got to wake up singing to You. Immediately recognizing the words from ♪Revelation Song♪ I thank You for another opportunity to sing praise to You.


♪Clothed in rainbows of living color♪ are the words that first came to my mind and heart. Father, how I thank You for the directions varying thoughts [and songs] of You take me into Your Word.


Mm, yes. Thank You and praise You Lord! I never know where it is I will end up when I bring You my heart, soul, mind and strength.


This morning it’s the woman who “heard about Jesus’ healing power, pushed through the crowd and came up from behind Him and touched His prayer shawl” (Mark 5:27). As many times as I have read and been taught of this incident there is always something else to learn. Today is no different. Thank You God.


Thank You for Your written history of people of faith. And those who acted on it.


Lord, the tune of the song echoes within me as I go back and forth, singing and thinking of this particular woman. She believed so much that she was willing to take a risk. Thank You Father.


♪Holy, holy, holy is the Lord, God Almighty Who was and is and is to come, yeah With all creation I sing praise to the King of Kings You are my everything and I will adore You♪


A click here or there on any number of verses and I am taken to new meanings and understandings. The Passion Translation's Footnotes teach me so much Lord. For verse 28, “The Greek word [for healed] is sozo and has many possible meanings, including ‘safe and sound,’ ‘healed,’ ‘delivered,’ ‘made whole,’ ‘rescued,’ ‘restored,’ and ‘saved.’ This is what Jesus does for us today.” Oh praise You! Yes He does!


The direction to “See Hebrews 13:8” reminds me “Jesus, the Anointed One, is always the same - yesterday, today, and forever.” Oh, thank and praise You Lord.


Having originally come to this section because of verse 30, and Jesus immediately recognizing that power had gone out of Him, I ask You Lord to work in me this day. In all the many ways You are so inclined.


I love You. I need You. I want to be the woman You created me to be. Believing. Trusting. Risking. Willing.


One more Footnote. Verse 30. “This is a literal reading of a unique phrase in Greek construction. It could be translated ‘the power that keeps going out of Him went out from Him.’ The Aramaic uses the word chayel that can be translated ‘dancing, twirling [movement]’ or ‘vibrations.’ There was a glorious power that kept going out around Jesus Christ, drawing others to Him and healing a woman who touched Him in faith…”


All this I get to learn this morning because of immediately recognizing the song in my head. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You God.


♪Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder At the mention of Your name Jesus, Your name is power, breath and living water Such a marvelous mystery, yeah♪


Use me this day. Exactly as You alone know is best. I love You, Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(587 words ~ 9:01 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment