Friday, March 19, 2021

best, not worst

 Friday, March 19, 2021 (7:22 a.m.)

Blessed God,


You are good. We are grateful. Thank You.


Lord, I ask You to guide and direct my thinking this morning. I confess to the ease with which I think the worst, not the best. I want very much to reverse that.

(8:08 a.m.)


Having turned to Your Word, I’m reading especially in Philippians. Chapter 4. Joy in the Lord. Mm, yes. Father, it is to Jesus I turn for perspective.


There is so much sadness in the world. Things we just cannot understand. Choosing to turn to and trust You with all our hearts. Leaning not on our own understanding. In all our ways acknowledging You. Believing You will direct our paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).


Father, thank You that Your Word is Truth. Thank You that we have it to stand upon. I look to and lean into You. Asking You dearest Lord to do all You must to provide comfort and care to the hurting.


The Passion Translation tells us to “Keep your thoughts continually fixed on all that is authentic and real, honorable and admirable, beautiful and respect, pure and holy, merciful and kind. And fasten your thoughts on every glorious work of God, praising Him always” (Philippians 4:8).


I confess. This is rarely my first response. BUT! When I turn in Your Word, the faintest of smiles appear. Softening the wall of protection I attempt placing around my heart. You are good God. I am grateful.


The Message sums it all up. Referring to us as friends. Saying we’d “do best by filling [y]our minds and meditating on things true… gracious - the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not to curse.”


Here again I ask You Lord. Empower me to this end. I love You. I need You. I want You. And I thank You God. Yes how I thank You for who and all You are. Praise You. Use me. To Your good and to Your glory. Amen.


(342 words ~ 8:50 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment