Monday, March 8, 2021

BE grateful

 Monday, March 8, 2021 (6:39 a.m.)

Holy God,


Today I again long to practice gratitude. Yes Lord. You provide for our every need. And I genuinely want to BE grateful! Thankful. Appreciative.


(8:25 a.m.)


Father, thank You that I get to be honest with You. About everything. Even the fact that although I truly want to be grateful I still fall short of that goal.


Thank You Lord that here, once again, You meet my need. Even in this. Just as I was preparing to state out loud [in print] that I want to give You far more than mere lip service, You provide me with two verses in Contemporary English Version.


Psalm 92:1 “(A psalm and a song for the Sabbath.) Sing Praises to the LORD It is wonderful to be grateful and to sing Your praises, LORD Most High!”


Colossians 1:12 “I pray that you will be grateful to God for letting you have part in what He has promised His people in the kingdom of light.”


Mm, yes Lord! I get to read Your Word. And smiles come easily. Talk about being grateful. The Life Recovery Bible comments for these two verses strengthen my heart.


92:1-4 It is a necessary part of recovery to praise God for all He has done for us, to proclaim His unfailing love and His faithfulness to us. He brings us abiding joy. As we experience His faithfulness in our life, praise and thanks should be our natural responses. Our praise well serve as a declaration to others of God’s power to deliver us from the bondage of addiction.”


This is so true Dearest God. While my mind knows the importance of praise, thanksgiving and being grateful, my habit is far more morose. Is it my “nature” to readily grumble and grouse? Or was it learned early on?


Thank You that because Your Word calls us again and again to give thanks in all things I get to practice gratitude. Thank You that You know my heart. Especially when it refuses to only offer You empty words.


Thank You here too Lord. I just looked up an example of lip service. “to say that you agree with something but do nothing to support it” When I come to You [cue the music and witness the huge smile that accompanies it!]…


♪I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart; I will enter His courts with praise. I will say, “This is the day the Lord has made!” I will rejoice for He has made me glad♪ (Psalm 100:4; 118:24).


Not only do You speak to me when my heart is right with You, You sing to me as well. Thank You Father. Praise You Lord!


Oh and just look at this! Not only is my time in Colossians with 1:12; 2:7 and 3:15 each have important things to tell me. Mm, yes!


“Plant your roots in Christ and let Him be the foundation for your life. Be strong in your faith, just as you were taught. And be grateful” (2:7). Yes Lord!


“Each of you is part of the body of Christ, and you were chosen to live together in peace. So let the peace that comes from Christ control your thoughts. And be grateful” (3:15).


Thank You Father. I put the desire out there and You confirm it for me. While I am to be grateful, it is You who provides the power for it to happen.


Again, The Life Recovery Bible comment speaks Your Truth. “1:11-14 As always, Paul was careful to point out our strength and power come not from ourself but from God. Only God’s ‘glorious’ power at work within us can strengthen us and give us ‘patience and endurance’ for recovery. We have already admitted that we are powerless over our dependency. By recognizing that God has the power to restore us, we can begin to think more positively about recovery.”


All help comes from You Lord. We are to humble ourselves (James 4:10) to receive all You have to offer us. Thank You for reminding me to come to You with a true heart (Hebrews 10:22).


Thank You that because of Who and all You are, I get to truly BE grateful! Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Use me. Exactly as You alone know is best. Hallelujah! Amen.

(739 words ~ 10:45 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment