Monday, March 8, 2021

"unplugged"

 Saturday, March 6, 2021 (7:18 a.m.)

Holy God,


I love You. I need You. I want You. I thank You for all the opportunities You provide us. Yes Lord, thank You for opportunities. Privileges. Choices. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises.


Today, I will be without the distractions of technological screen time. Having accepted the challenge of unplugging for 24 hours, I thank You for the chance to see just how much I have come to depend on daily glances into the worldwide web.


Thank You Lord for leading and guiding my thoughts, words and actions. Just earlier I actively, willingly, knowingly chose resentment over kindness. One perceived slight and I was ready to stand my ground in bitterness. What a waste! Thank You for working in me to put the feelings of another ahead of my own.


What a novel idea! One Your Word teaches throughout. Praise You Father.


Just before sleep came last night I read of Your telling Moses “I will be with You” (Exodus 3:12). Although he didn’t readily jump on board with Your call to “go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people, the Israelites, out of Egypt” (v. 10), he eventually relented. Trusted. Believed. YOU!


Lord God, while I may never have a burning bush experience like Moses (v. 4) I am convinced You do still communicate with us. As I prepare to go out into this day freed from the distractions of present-day life, Father I ask You to be with me. And I with You.


I long to know and love You better. Teach me Father to truly cherish every single opportunity You provide. Using the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10) to meet whatever challenges this day may hold.


I love You. I need You. I want You. And I thank You. Oh how dearly I thank You Blessed God. Use me exactly as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(329 words ~ 8:09 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment