Saturday, May 27, 2023

Nothing to Fear Day

 Saturday, May 27, 2023 (5:58 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy, Lord God,


I just became aware that today in the United States is “Nothing to Fear Day.” Since 1941. Interesting that I’ve never heard of it before.


Thank You God, that my first thought was how biblical this is. Your Word tells us in so many different ways not to be afraid. Thank You Father.


Thank You also for the day, several decades ago, I sat with You drafting out what I believed You to be directing me toward. A blessed reminder of sorts. Found just now in my Bible.


Fear Not!         (Isaiah 41:10; Isaiah 43:1-2; 2 Timothy 1:7; 1 John 4:18)

Show Love (John 13:34; 1 Corinthians 13:4-7; Galatians 5:14-15)

Respect         (Ephesians 5:21) considerate (Titus 3:2; James 3:17)

Listen (Jeremiah 7:24; Zechariah 7:3; James 1:19)

Obey (Ephesians 6:1) Jeremiah 7:23


Speak Truth (Proverbs 28:18; Ephesians 4:15, 25)

Confess         (Psalm 32:1-5)

Forgive         (Ephesians 4:31-32; Colossians 3:13)

Say "Thanks!" (1 Thessalonians 5:18)


but, first of all,


PRAY!!!!!!! (Philippians 4:6)


Father God, how I thank You for the leading, guiding and directing You have been doing on our lives. Long before we ever knew it was You. Thank You for Your plan for each of us. And especially thank You for Your patience in our inability to stick to it.


On this day [that You have made (Psalm 118:24a)] let us truly rejoice and be glad (24b)! Unafraid. Fearing not. Trusting You to be the good, good God that You are.


We love You Lord. We need, trust and want You. At all times. In all things. Continue Your work in molding and making us (Isaiah 64:8) exactly as You alone know is best.


Yes! ♪Have Thine Own Way, Lord! Have Thine own way! Thou art the Potter I am the clay Mold me and make me after Thy will, While I am waiting, yielded and still♪


Do all You must Lord in reminding us that with You as our God and Father we truly have nothing to fear! Use us God. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(373 words ~ 6:51 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment