Wednesday, May 24, 2023

smiling, singing and saying, "Yes!"

 Wednesday, May 24, 2023 (5:52 a.m.)

Blessed, Loving, Holy Father God,


I woke up smiling. Singing. And saying, “Yes!”


There were mistakes made yesterday. And a lot of laughter. Yes, Lord. Wholehearted laughter followed mistakes. Thank You for that.


I want to continue saying “Yes” to You Father. Mm. ♪Yes, Lord, Yes


And here’s an interesting fact for me. There are more verses to this affirming hymn than the chorus I’m used to singing.


It sings of giving ♪You all the glory For what You’ve given me You fill my life ’til I overflow Oh, I’m Yours to use And anyway You choose You’re the Lord of lords So how can I say no?♪ Mm. Yes!


♪If I never knew the fullness Of living in Your will I would never know how rich my life would be In my willingness to find Each thing that You deserve For the blessing You have showered over me♪ Yes. Yes. Oh yes!


♪I’ll say, “Yes, Lord, yes” To Your will and to Your way I’ll say, “Yes, Lord, yes” I will trust You and obey When Your Spirit speaks to me With my whole heart I’ll agree And my answer will be, “Yes, Lord, yes♪ Yes, Dear Lord. Yes!


All this AND a related verse of Scripture. Psalm 40:8a. Thank You Lord for all the translations that help teach me more of Your Truth.


International Standard Version starts my seeking. “I delight to do Your will, my God.”


Other versions list: desire, want, am happy, take joy, have come… There’s so much dear Lord. Reading up to the beginning of the chapter I find such peace-filled hope.


Thank You Father. I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to set the day for us as You would have it. That we would truly practice loving You, others and ourselves with all of hearts, souls, minds and strength (Mark 12:30-31). Loving to do Your will and keeping Your teaching in our hearts (Psalm 40:8 Good NewsTranslation).


I love, need, trust and want You Lord. Use us as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(357 words ~ 7:17 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment